Til Things Are Brighter

Today's turn is for the late, great, Mr. Johnny Cash. This godfearing, pillpopping genius was a strange mix of holy, damned and hellbent. This is a 3cd set that documents his time recording at Sam Phillip's Sun Studios, where it all began.

You were a good man, John. Rest in Peace.

the first CD:
1. Wide Open Road
2. Hey Porter
3. Cry, Cry, Cry (#14 country)
4. My Two Timin’ Woman
5. Port of Lonely Hearts
6. I Couldn’t Keep from Crying
7. Trail to Mexico
8. Folsom Prison Blues (#4 country; later re-recording #1 country and #32 pop)
9. So Doggone Lonesome (#4 country)
10. Mean Eyed Cat (#30 country)
11. Luther Played the Boogie (#8 country)
12. Get Rhythm (#23 country)
13. I Walk the Line (#1 country / #17 pop)
14. Train of Love (#7 country)
15. There You Go (#1 country)
16. I Love You Because (#20 country)
17. Goodbye Little Darlin’ (#22 country)
18. Straight A’s in Love (#16 country / #84 pop)
19. You’re My Baby (Little Woolly Booger)
20. My Treasure

I WALK THE LINE ON YOUTUBE:

No comments:

Post a Comment