Little Boy Blue


This here is one of my very favorite records of all of what we call time.

Bobby "Blue" Bland grew up in Memphis, and for a long time he and BB King played together. As a solo artist, he developed a style that was as much soul as it was blues, going from a smooth, Hammondlaced groove to a throatripping scream in the blink of an eye.

Anyway, this is, imho, his bestest of the bestest!! Standouts: Little Boy Blue, St. James Infirmary, I'll take care of you.

Mick Hucknall of Simply Red, surprisingly recorded a tribute to Bobby, which is his new album an his first solo project. It's a very interesting modern-day take on his songs. A little too clean, but worthwhile nonetheless. There's a youtube clip about that after the cut.


  1. "Two Steps From the Blues" – 2:34
  2. "Cry Cry Cry" – 2:43
  3. "I'm Not Ashamed" – 2:36
  4. "Don't Cry No More" – 2:28
  5. "Lead Me On" – 2:06
  6. "I Pity the Fool" – 2:44
  7. "I've Got to Forget You" – 2:34
  8. "Little Boy Blue" – 2:40
  9. "St James Infirmary" – 2:26
  10. "I'll Take Care of You" – 2:26
  11. "I Don't Want No Woman" – 2:40
  12. "I've Been Wrong So Long" – 2:19






1 comment: